Niki McGuinness has been a Chiropractor for over 8 years and a Registered Nurse for nearly 16 years. In her 20’s she experienced a nurse related back injury and was rendered unable to work for 6 months. After months of Physio, Massage, Back Rehabilitation programs and Occupational Health appointments she decided to have a break from clinical nursing and return to London to work as a flight nurse. During this time, she found an Australian Chiropractor in Putney, London who changed her whole back pain experience. This sent her on a journey to learn more about Chiropractic, eventually returning to Perth in 2005 to study Chiropractic full time.
Since this time, she has owned her own clinic in Trigg in WA which she sold in May 2018 to move to Queensland. Niki has a family consisting of husband Troy and two young children, who you may see around her treatment room on occasion. On the weekends, Niki likes to go camping with her family or you may see her at the local gym or frequenting the local cafes of Bulimba.
Whilst working in Perth, Niki gained a reputation for taking the time with new patients, building confidence in chiropractic and so her treatment style suits those nervous of chiropractic. In particular Niki has an interest in treating patients who have suffered with chronic neck pain and headaches/migraines and pregnancy Chiropractic.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- BSc Chiropractic Science
- B Clinical Chiropractic
- BSc (HONS) Nursing
- AHPRA Registration as Chiropractor and Registered Nurse
- Affiliate member of the Chiropractic Association
- Post Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing
Niki is qualified and trained in the following:
- Basic activator method technique
- Advanced dry needling
- IASTM (Graston) module one
- Kinesiology taping module one
- Inspiral non-manipulative technique for newborns (cranials)
- Drop table adjusting technique
- Diversified spinal manipulation
- NeuroKinetic Therapy part one
- Deneroll Treatment - cervical
Additional to working as a Chiropractor, Niki also works part time as a Clinical Research Nurse in Critical Care at a Tertiary Hospital in Brisbane.